Pres Obama explained why the Obamacare website is a lemon.
What is true is that, as I said before, our IT systems, how we purchase technology in the federal government is cumbersome, complicated and outdated. And so this isn’t a situation where — on my campaign, I could simply say, who are the best folks out there, let’s get them around a table, let’s figure out what we’re doing and we’re just going to continue to improve it and refine it and work on our goals.
If you’re doing it at the federal government level, you know, you’re going through, you know, 40 pages of specs and this and that and the other and there’s all kinds of law involved. And it makes it more difficult — it’s part of the reason why chronically federal IT programs are over budget, behind schedule.
And one of the — you know, when I do some Monday morning quarterbacking on myself, one of the things that I do recognize is since I know that the federal government has not been good at this stuff in the past, two years ago as we were thinking about this, you know, we might have done more to make sure that we were breaking the mold on how we were going to be setting this up. But that doesn’t help us now. We got to move forward.So, Pres Obama recognizes that excessive federal regulations make it far more difficult (in some cases impossible) and far more expensive (often prohibitively so) to accomplish anything.
But it never seems to occur to him that excessive federal regulations (like Obamacare, for example) do the same to businesses. It never seems to occur to him that the cost (time, money, resources, man-hours) of complying with all those regulations makes businesses less efficient, less productive, and less able to hire employees and grow the economy.
And, unlike government, businesses can't just confiscate people's money.
Amazing, isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment